Cultivating a healthy Mat-Su community through interagency partnership.
MAP envisions healthy balanced individuals, families and communities.
The Mat-Su Agency Partnership provides overall coordination, and collaboration as a part of a community-wide integrated system of health, education, public safety and social services for persons living in the Matanuska Susitna Borough. Recognizing a substantial need for collaboration among service providers, people of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough organized this group with the following goals.
- To serve as a clearing house for up-to-date information regarding health, education and social services in the borough.
- To improve the coordination of services, reduce service duplication and increase efficient use of resources.
- To encourage partnerships between and among Partnership members, government, and other organizing entities, when such collaborations meet Partnership goals.
- To advocate, through public education, for equitable funding distribution to the Matanuska-Susitna Borough.
- To carry out planning and community needs assessment
- Chair: Ashley Peltier, American Lung Association
- Vice Chair: Janice Weiss, Mat-Su Re-Entry Coalition
- Secretary: Amber Peterson, Access Alaska
- Treasurer: Tyler Healy, Denali Family Services